Thomson MO5 emulator
This project is a proof of concept emulation of a Thomson MO5 home computer. Keyboard and screen works, but not the lightpen. You can save and load programs from emulated cassette tapes. These tape files are not compatible with any other MO5 emulator. It should not be too difficult to change if you know the target format.
The project started as a stepping stone to emulate graphics on more complex home computers as the MO5 does not have an alpha mode. The characters are drawn as pixels on the single mode graphics screen.
How to run it
This is a Java 8 or higher program. Download the mo5emulator.jar file and type:
java -jar mo5emulator-X.Y.Z-jar-with-dependencies.jar, where X, Y, and Z correspond to the version numbers.
- eye.cas - EYE displayed using graphics
- letter.cas - Letter game from BASIC Computer Games
- mo5emulator-1.1.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar - MO5 emulator version 1.1.0
- mo5emulator-1.1.5-jar-with-dependencies.jar - MO5 emulator version 1.1.5
- mo5emulator-1.2.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar - MO5 emulator version 1.2.0
- maze.cas - Maze program from BASIC Computer Games
- newmaze.cas - Maze program from BASIC Computer Games modified to output to printer
- quickguide.xhtml - Quick reference guide to BASIC 1.0
- mo5guess.webm - Screen cast of MO5emulator v.1.1
- startrek.cas - Super Startrek
The emulator is one of the emulations in the OSNINE GitHub project. Send me a Pull Request if you make some improvements.
- Version 1.2.0 - 2019-01-28
Print to internal buffer, which can then be printed from within the program.Tape control is now a modeless dialog.Can load (some) WAV files.
- Version 1.1.5 - 2019-01-02
Sound is implemented but is not aligned to standard pitch.Printer extension is implemented. If output is sent to the printer, then it is saved in a file called 'printer.txt'. If the command SCREENPRINT is used then the content is saved to 'printer.pbm' in PBM format.BASIC key is the right [SHIFT] key.Accents work E.g. [F11]+ for 'è'.
- Version 1.1.0 - 2018-12-15
New cassette tape format with identifying header.Ability to paste text. It is sent in via the keyboard input.Quick reference guide as embedded help.BASIC key is [ALT] key.
- Version 1.0.0 - 2018-12-06
- Initial release
- Pulkomandy's wiki