Data General Extended BASIC
Data General's BASIC implementation was used as an inspiration for COMAL-75.
- A line can have only one program statement.
- The names of variables are expressed as either a single letter or a single letter followed by a digit.
- In all subscripting contexts, brackets () may be used in place of parentheses [()].
- "ELSE" is not available.
- Builtin matrix operations. E.g.
MAT MM = ZERsets each value in the matrix MM to zero.
- Comma (,) concatenates strings.
- Substrings are extracted by subscripting.
- Non-printing and special characters may be included in string literals by enclosing the numeric equivalent of the character within angle brackets (< >).
- Unless a string variable is declared in a DIM statement, extended BASIC assumes a maximum string length of 10 characters or less.