More BASIC Computer Games
This book was a sequel to BASIC Computer Games. The games were converted from other BASIC dialects, such as Dartmouth BASIC and tested to work on the most common BASIC dialect at the time - Microsoft BASIC. Dartmouth BASIC did not have the 'ELSE' keyword. Hence the abundance of GOTOs.
All games have been tested with Vintage BASIC or cbmbasic. On the same website you can also find the games from the first book.
You can download all the games as a Zip archive.
- Artillery 3 (artillery3.bas)
- War game for two or three players. Changes: The purpose of lines 70 to 100 is to initialize the arrays to zero. This is something that Microsoft BASIC does automatically and the lines would produce syntax errors if kept.
Page 2 at Atari Archives
- Baccarat (baccarat.bas)
- Card game
Page 4 at Atari Archives
- Bible Quiz (biblequiz.bas)
- Test your knowledge on the Bible
Page 6 at Atari Archives
- Big 6 (big6.bas)
- A dice wheel game in which you can bet on up to three dices
Page 7 at Atari Archives
- Binary (binary.bas)
- Test your skills in binary-to-decimal and decimal-to-binary conversion
Page 9 at Atari Archives
- Blackbox (blackbox.bas)
- Discover the positions of atoms by projecting rays. Changes: Added a DIM statement in line 50
Page 10 at Atari Archives
- Bobstones (bobstones.bas)
- Guess three things about the roll of a pair of dice. Corrections: PRINT statement was missing in line 430
Page 12 at Atari Archives
- Bocce (bocce.bas)
- Roll 4 balls and get them as close to the target as possible
Page 14 at Atari Archives
- Boga II (boga2.bas)
- Find the boga before it finds you
Page 16 at Atari Archives
- Bombrun (bombrun.bas)
- Simulation of an aircraft dropping a bomb on a very small target (This was before laser-guided bombs). Note: Several misspellings corrected.
Page 18 at Atari Archives
- Bridge-It (bridge-it.bas)
- Connect the board from left to right while the computer connects from top to bottom. Bugs: Line 2900 contains a GOTO to a non-existent line.
Page 21 at Atari Archives
- Camel (camel.bas)
- Cross the Gobi desert by camel
Page 24 at Atari Archives
- Chase (chase.bas)
- Avoid the interceptor robots.
Page 26 at Atari Archives
- Chuck-A-Luck (chuck-a-luck.bas)
- Bet on the rolls of three dice
Page 29 at Atari Archives
- Close Encounters (close-encounters.bas)
- Shoot down a UFO headed for you or hope it misses.
Page 30 at Atari Archives
- Column (column.bas)
- The computer will guess your card
Page 32 at Atari Archives
- Concentration (concentration.bas)
- Test your memory and observation by selecting matching pairs in a deck of cards. The game shows you the face-up values for a brief moment, then writes over the text. On current equipment this goes so fast you don't have a chance.
Page 34 at Atari Archives
- Condot (condot.bas)
- Carve out squares of real estate by connecting the dots.
Page 36 at Atari Archives
- Convoy (convoy.bas)
- Naval war games played on a 10 by 10 grid.
Page 38 at Atari Archives
- Corral (corral.bas)
- Catch your horse in the corral.
Page 40 at Atari Archives
- Countdown (countdown.bas)
- Find a number between 0 and 10 in less than 4 guesses
Page 42 at Atari Archives
- Cup (cup.bas)
- Hit a cup with a ball by estimating the horizontal force to give
Page 43 at Atari Archives
- Dealer x 5 (dealerx5.bas)
- A simulation of the T.V. show, Dealer's choice
Page 44 at Atari Archives
- Deepspace (deepspace.bas)
- Tactical simulation of ship to ship combat in deep space.
Page 46 at Atari Archives
- Defuse (defuse.bas)
- Locate a bomb in 20 trys
Page 48 at Atari Archives
- Dodgem (dodgem.bas)
- Move all of your pieces across and off the board while your opponent does the same.
Page 49 at Atari Archives
- Doors (doors.bas)
- Guess which key fits in which door
Page 52 at Atari Archives
- Dr. Z (dr-z.bas)
- Interact with your computer in Rogerian form
Page 55 at Atari Archives
- Drag (drag.bas)
- Race a dragster against a dragster designed by another player or the computer.
Page 53 at Atari Archives
- Eliza (eliza.bas)
- A computer program designed to simulate a therapist or psychoanalyst.
Page 56 at Atari Archives
- Father (father.bas)
- Convince you father to go out Saturday night
Page 59 at Atari Archives
- Flip (flip.bas)
- Guess if the computer is thinking of 'N' or 'Y'. The computer will try to outsmart you.
Page 61 at Atari Archives
- Four In A Row (fourinarow.bas)
- Get four X's in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally
Page 63 at Atari Archives
- Geowar (geowar.bas)
- Shoot down enemy by angling your missile. Corrections: Typo in line 30.
Page 64 at Atari Archives
- Grand Prix (grnprx.bas)
- Complete a lap around a grand prix curcuit.
Page 66 at Atari Archives
- Guess-It (guess-it.bas)
- Guess an unknown number called the 'down number'.
Page 69 at Atari Archives
- ICBM (icbm.bas)
- Intercept an incoming ballistic missile with a surface-to-air missile
Page 72 at Atari Archives
- Inkblot (inkblot.bas)
- INKBLOT is a program that produces "inkblots" similar to those used in the famous Rorschach Inkblot tests. The program generates these inkblots randomly so that literally millions of different patterns can be produced.
Page 73 at Atari Archives
- Joust (joust.bas)
- You are a medieval knight in a jousting tournament.
Page 75 at Atari Archives
- Jumping Balls (jumpingballs.bas)
- Reverse the position of the balls. A ball can be moved one position or jump over another ball.
Page 77 at Atari Archives
- Keno (keno.bas)
- Select 8 numbers and get a payoff if the computer selects the same numbers.
Page 78 at Atari Archives
- L Game (l-game.bas)
- Play against the computer to prevent it from moving its L.
Page 80 at Atari Archives
- Life Expectancy (life-expectancy.bas)
- Make the computer estimate how long you will live based on your life-style and environment. Fixes: Typo in line 810.
Page 84 at Atari Archives
- Lissajous (lissajous.bas)
- Generate Lissajous patterns
Page 88 at Atari Archives
- Magic Square (magic-square.bas)
- Fill in numbers so the sum diagonally, vertically and horizontally is 15
Page 90 at Atari Archives
- Man-Eating Rabbit (man-eating-rabbit.bas)
- Avoid the rabbit for 10 moves and you're released
Page 92 at Atari Archives
- Maneuvers (maneuvers.bas)
- Deliver a message to four starbases. Steer by controlling the orientation of your ship.
Page 95 at Atari Archives
- Masterbagels (masterbagels.bas)
- A game that can play both Mastermind and Bagels
Page 98 at Atari Archives
- Mastermind (mastermind.bas)
- Guess a combination of six colors. The same color can be used more than once.
Page 96 at Atari Archives
- Matpuzzle (matpuzzle.bas)
- Fill letters into a matrix
Page 99 at Atari Archives
- Maze (maze.bas)
- Make the computer construct a maze and then find the way through
Page 101 at Atari Archives
- Millionaire (millionaire.bas)
- Make life decisions to become a millionaire
Page 104 at Atari Archives
- Minotaur (minotaur.bas)
- Hunt and kill the minotaur in a cave.
Page 107 at Atari Archives
- Motorcycle Jump (motorcyclejump.bas)
- Calculate speed and angle to jump over buses.
Page 111 at Atari Archives
- Nomad (nomad.bas)
- Navigate your way through the streets of Garbonzo City to Gramma's house.
Page 112 at Atari Archives
- Not One (notone.bas)
- Roll a pair of dice to score points. If the sum of the eyes is the same as your first roll, then you loose the turn.
Page 115 at Atari Archives
- Obstacle (obstacle.bas)
- Move your car and navigate through the obstacles.
- Octrix (octrix.bas)
- Play the highest or lowest available card against your opponents. Corrections: Typo in line 1620. Note: This game assumes output is a printer.
Page 119 at Atari Archives
- Pasart (pasart.bas)
- Generate artistic patterns based on Pascal's triangle
Page 122 at Atari Archives
- Pasart 2 (pasart2.bas)
- Generate artistic patterns based on Pascal's triangle plus a calendar. Note: In line 2640 and various other places the counter goes beyond the dimensions of the P array. Typos in lines 1810 and 3030 have been corrected.
Page 125 at Atari Archives
- Pinball (pinball.bas)
- Play the game of pinball by calculating which flipper to flip. Note: Line 2020 contains a syntax error that has been corrected.
Page 128 at Atari Archives
- Rabbit Chase (rabbit-chase.bas)
- Catch a rabbit by entering the direction to walk in.
Page 132 at Atari Archives
- Roadrace (roadrace.bas)
- Drive 5 miles in a roadrace with 0.5 gallons of gas: Corrections: Exclamation points removed in lines 980 and 1050.
Page 133 at Atari Archives
- Rotate (rotate.bas)
- Put the letters in alphabetical order. Corrections: B$ changed to B$(I) in line 90
Page 135 at Atari Archives
- Safe (safe.bas)
- Try to open a safe by turning or twisting a dial.
Page 137 at Atari Archives
- Scales (scales.bas)
- Test your knowledge of different types of music scales.
Page 139 at Atari Archives
- Schmoo (schmoo.bas)
- Splat imaginary creatures with mud balls.
Page 141 at Atari Archives
- Seabattle (seabattle.bas)
- Destroy the enemy ships with your submarine. Note: Line 5136 assumes that the output device is a printer that can do multiple strikeovers
Page 143 at Atari Archives
- Seawar (seawar.bas)
- Compute the angle of elevation for your guns and destroy the enemy.
Page 150 at Atari Archives
- Shoot (shoot.bas)
- Nuke the enemy before he nukes you.
Page 153 at Atari Archives
- Smash (smash.bas)
- A simulation of a car race.
Page 156 at Atari Archives
- Strike 9 (strike9.bas)
- Remove numbers so the sum match the dice
Page 158 at Atari Archives
- TV Plot (tvplot.bas)
- Devise plots for television shows. Changes: GOTO statements in lines 450 and 460.
Page 163 at Atari Archives
- Tennis (tennis.bas)
- Play tennis against the computer
Page 160 at Atari Archives
- Tickertape (tickertapecrt.bas)
- Write a text on tickertape. Changes: The original program assumes the output device is a paper tape punch. Changes have been made to run on a screen.
Page 162 at Atari Archives
- Two-to-Ten (two-to-ten.bas)
- Get as close to the goal number without going over.
Page 167 at Atari Archives
- Twonky (twonky.bas)
- Get to the objective before the twonky gets to you.
Page 164 at Atari Archives
- UFO (ufo.bas)
- Destroy the enemy UFO before it destroys you. Corrections: Action statement missing on line 885. "P" missing on line 970. Line 1050 was missing ")"
Page 168 at Atari Archives
- Under & Over (under-or-over.bas)
- Bet on the sum of two dice to be under or over 7.
Page 170 at Atari Archives
- Van Gam (vangam.bas)
- The one who takes away the last match wins.
Page 172 at Atari Archives
- Warfish (warfish.bas)
- You are the commander of an American submarine.
Page 174 at Atari Archives
- Word Search Puzzle (word-search-puzzle.bas)
- Generate word search puzzles containing the words of your choice.
Page 176 at Atari Archives
- Wumpus 1 (wumpus.bas)
- Hunt a wumpus in a squashed dodecahedron
Page 178 at Atari Archives
- Wumpus 2 (wumpus2.bas)
- The game of wumpus with a choice of caves. Changes: Fixed typos in lines 2630 and 2700
Page 181 at Atari Archives